Tears Of Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tears Of Blood

Tears Of Blood Guild Portal

HomeWelcomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGo To CabalSEA WebSite
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 3 hrs duration Crystal Blue bike from event
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:58 am by PowerOfGod

» POG solo IC & get lycanus orb
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:57 am by PowerOfGod

» POG bringer on 15 may 2010
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:50 am by PowerOfGod

» How's everyone?
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm by XpheriX

» Comparing EQ
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:30 pm by uguuXD

» Hi Ppl. EvilQueenx here XD
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 am by Akimoto

» Dungeon Raids with Event Mods Katheryn,Hollow and Grimm
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:44 am by uguuXD

» Congratulation to Sac getting bringer on 14/11/2009
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:21 pm by PowerOfGod

» GM Azreal & POG
Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 am by uguuXD

Top posters
PrinCessXeNia
Common PC related problems FAQ Vote_lcapCommon PC related problems FAQ Voting_barCommon PC related problems FAQ Vote_rcap 
uguuXD
Common PC related problems FAQ Vote_lcapCommon PC related problems FAQ Voting_barCommon PC related problems FAQ Vote_rcap 
xXSacredXx
ratical
XpheriX
Calex
Nana
KonataChan
Squier
CtrlSky

Common PC related problems FAQ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XpheriX
Master Poster
Master Poster
XpheriX

Number of posts : 65
♥CandY♥ : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Common PC related problems FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 am

Guys, I listing some common PC related problems and their solutions.
You may want to attempt these troubleshooting FAQ before requesting help from others.

Question: My Computer boots up very slowly and it is very slow when opening most/any applications. What can be the problems? This does not happen when I first purchase this system. I using Window XP.

Answer: The likely cause of this problems are shown below
1. Too many startup program in msconfig/startup folder. When you installed some software/games, it might attempt to add a startup entry to your system. E.g: Windows Live Messenger. To resolve this issue, you need to click, Start, Run, type: msconfig. Choose Startup. Only leave those essential startup files there, like firewall, sound controls and Antivirus software. You may google the files or check with me. There are more ways to access startup by checking services and registry. This requires more advance knowledge which I will not list how. If you need help, please contact me.

2. Spyware and Malware causes 50% of the slow startup. These damm "things" normally will spam your network, Email to others by using your system resources. 100% removing them is tough as most user surf/download/receive spamm from others. To reduce the threat, my advise is to install Spy-bot Search and destroy. Download the link here

3. Temp files issues. e.g opening of attachments with saving at actual location. Not clearing temp files are very common cause. I have seen many cases where the user report slowness of system that are cause mainly by temp files. You can download Windows CleanUP! which does a wonderful job in removing temp folder/files. Click here
Back to top Go down
XpheriX
Master Poster
Master Poster
XpheriX

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:57 am

Continue from last post

Question: My system hang frequently, what could be the cause?

Answer: System hanging frequently much depends on what exactly happens during the "system hang".
If you are able to use your keyboard, mouse during the 'system hang", this could applies the particular software that is running hang. This is wat we tech call "soft hang" A soft hang normally happens when the following condition are met

a. System low in resource, CPU-resource above 90% used by that program or alot of RAM is used. The cause could be the software demands alot of system resource/ram, which your system is unable to give OR the system has a memory hole which you need to check for updates/patches to resolve this issue. There might need to tweak that software to reduce the usage if you are very sure your system is able to run that software without "eating" that much of system usage.

b. Another application "crashes" with that particular program or the program itself has some corrupted files.

To solve this issue, you probably have to do some simulation.
i. Does the program hang when you run Safe mode?
ii. Does the program hang gives an error message? If it does, post the error msg to me or check google. Likely you get a rough idea what is causing the issue.

If you cannot move your mouse or use your keyboard. chances are the system freezes to avoid any hardware/software failure. THis is wat we tech call "hard hang"

This type of issue is abit more tricky to resolve. It could be some software confliction or hardware conflict. You probably have to ask youself, did you install any software/games recently? Did you change any hardware like RAM/hard disk? How often did the system "hang"? and at what stage the system hang?
Provide me these details will narrow down the exact cause. Sometimes it could be a spyware problem, sometime it could be your RAM having problems.

Last edited by XpheriX on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
XpheriX
Master Poster
Master Poster
XpheriX

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:58 am

Reserved
Back to top Go down
XpheriX
Master Poster
Master Poster
XpheriX

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:58 am

Reserved
Back to top Go down
Calex
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Calex

Number of posts : 30
♥CandY♥ : 948
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:22 am

cool thread pher
Back to top Go down
xXSacredXx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
xXSacredXx

Number of posts : 223
♥CandY♥ : 10126
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 pm

hehe nice nice like that can help others to solve if they got some pc problems Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://tearsofblood.heavenforum.com
Squier
Novice poster
Novice poster
Squier

Number of posts : 21
♥CandY♥ : 28
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Thanks Jase, this is nice especially for a PC idiot like me. Haha. Know how to play only lol! Keep it up man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common PC related problems FAQ   Common PC related problems FAQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common PC related problems FAQ
Page 1 of 1